Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make It Count

In lieu of having any inspiration come smashing into me lately, I'm going to talk about myself. Sorry, readers (both of you).  

From a young age I've had a zealous interest in… well, in everything. My soul was prepared with--no, it was soaked, battered, and deep-fried in curiosity. Yet instead of my enthusiastic interest in the world, or my eagerness to try all things, the quality apparent to many people has been that I start and stop many activities. My habits have often been referred to as "quitting."

Admittedly I used to have a hard time sticking with things due to a lack of patience and a tendency to become easily discouraged. I was young and I had much to learn. Yet there's some irony in this. The more things I experienced, the more I became familiar with what I was good and bad at, and  what I liked and disliked. The more I try the more I learn (I'm gettin' pretty smart, Ma).

I have no shame in being a serial try-er. I wear my spastic tendencies with pride. Simply put: I love the world, I love life, I'm excited and anxious to try anything and everything I'm allowed the opportunity to, and I'm never going to change my ways. This video explains it all:



Thanks, Rachel Stroud, for tipping me off to this cool video!

1 comment: